merry christmas two days late!
there has been much speculation as to the reason for my madpony hiatus as of late, and I’d just like to lay all the rumors to rest.
no, I haven't run off to the convent after being abandoned twice in the same week. even though casey has left me for sunny san diego and tony has left behind his dreams of a prairie princess for his new lovely desert queen, I am still getting by, broken heart and all. of course, convent or no convent, we have spent our fair amount of time in church this past week, as all good girls should. which is always fun, seeing as how we have the distinct pleasure of being spiritually led by oklahoma's only japanese priest. father natsahara is his name, and as he'll tell you, his name is "not so hara to say!"
but anyway. no, I am not pining away for any man. well, maybe a little. CASEY, COME HOME!!!!!!
*ahem*
surprisingly enough, you wouldn't have found me at the malls either. well, at least not all of last week. I have been doing my fair share of christmas shopping, last minute christmas shopping, after christmas exchanging, and pursuing of the post-christmas sales. after all, victoria's sale is but semi-annual. whatever that means.
I also haven't succumbed to the pain of my 1,001 paper cuts from sending out 75ish christmas cards to each of you. after a couple days of bed rest and a couple boxes of band-aids, I’m doing much better, thanks. and each of you should be holding your very own madpony christmas card any day now, except for one guy, who's card was mysteriously mailed without postage. don't worry, yours is now safely on its way as well.
the truth is, I’ve just been enjoying my holiday a bit too much. putting in a few too many hours on the couch, if you will. but today was my holiday turning point. as dad and I headed off to the gym this morning to attempt to shed a few christmas cookie pounds before we even had the chance to make a weight loss new year's resolution, I also resolved to stop neglecting the madpony and you sweet 100 or so people who've been showing up every day to see nothing new.
as I write this, I have the distinct pleasure of listening to lauren's favorite song of the week, "b r right - the full dirty version" by trina, absolutely blaring through the speakers of her new computer.
I feel both full and dirty.
back to the gym. and church.
father natsahara, here I come.
<< Home